Professional carpet cleaners Hawaii know that a job not done correctly, and one where moisture remains in your carpet can lead to mold and mildew. Both are very dangerous to your health, the health of others in your household and to your pets.
Around 6,000 homes dot Honolulu’s neighborhoods. Some homes are large. Others are smaller. One of them is probably yours. Or maybe you own a home that you rent out or lease.
Need professional services? Hawaii’s selection is second to none. One of the top professional services found Hawaii is carpet cleaning.
Lots of activity like just described means movement in and out of the home. People living in Honolulu Hawaii — like a lot of other cities — will track dirt and debris into their homes. Vacuuming helps, but eventually dirt and grime wins and the carpets need cleaned.
Carpets need to be cleaned at least once a year. Some manufacturers recommend twice. Not cleaning your carpets even once a year means they’ll need replaced sooner rather than later. Like others in Hawaii, you know replacing carpets is expensive. Costly replacements are avoided if you regularly clean your carpets. You can clean them yourself but self-service rarely does the job. Hawaii carpet cleaning can make all the difference.
Why You Need A Professional from Hawaii Carpet Cleaning
You need a professional and here’s why. Hawaii carpet cleaning is a lot of work. First you have to vacuum thoroughly. The more and better you vacuum the more dirt is removed and the easier it is to clean your carpets.
Then there are spots and stains. You can’t start carpet cleaning until they’re done. What spot remover should you use? They’re not all the same, just as carpets are not all the same. No time for research. Besides, it’s a drag. Just use what’s available. It’ll be okay. Right?
Not especially. Now the carpet is vacuumed and the spots have been addressed as best as they can be addressed with your limited knowledge of spots and stains. Now it’s time to clean. But. Wait. More questions. Each carpet is different. What detergent to use? Strong or mild? What will hurt my carpet more than help it? You didn’t all of the spots and stains as completely as you wanted. How do you get the rest of the spot or stain out with the main application?
Are you using too much detergent? Too many spot and stain removers? And how wet should you get the carpet? Carpets that are too wet during cleaning can shrink when they dry. Or they can come loose from the floor. Or other damages can be done.
If you’re serious about doing it yourself, here’s a list of what you really need to know to do a professional job on your carpets:
- You must know your carpet’s fiber type.
- You must know how often that type of fiber should be cleaned.
- You must know what type of detergent should be used to clean it.
- You need to know the kinds of problems are you going to encounter when you opt to clean your own carpet?
- You need to know if you ruin your carpet insurance won’t cover it.
5 Steps To Do the Job Right with Hawaii Carpet Cleaning
Maybe a professional is a better idea. There are five steps that need to be taken to do the job right. Most people in Honolulu looking for carpet cleaning do not have the time, or the equipment, to follow the proper procedures.
- Pre-condition the carpet: solution is applied in advance to breakdown dirt and grease.
- Work the Carpet after pre-condition: work the carpet, and especially the heavily soiled and spotted sections, with a brush.
- Carpet cleaning: carpets must be cleaned with water that is at exactly the right temperature and with the right cleaning solution for your carpets.
- Thoroughly working spots: some areas of the carpet need more attention than others. Even with pre-conditioning, in the main process, spots need to be worked to remove all of the dirt and grime.
- Moving furniture: carpet cleaning means the entire carpet has to be cleaned. Moving furniture is a big part of a thorough cleaning process.
- Lastly, brush the carpet a final time.
Whether you’re in Honolulu or any other city, as you just noticed, carpet cleaning is a lot of work. Hiring a professional gets the job done right. Honolulu Hawaii carpet cleaning is best done in warmer weather. However, an experienced professional can make it work no matter what the temperature.
There’s a lot of moisture in the air in your home during and after a good carpet cleaning. A professional carpet cleaner will make sure moisture is removed via fans and good air movement.